Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Vacation summary Part 2


Note: This isn't actually Mt Terry Fox, but another mountain at the same rest stop. Oops. Mt Terry Fox is a little mountain off in the distance between a couple others...I do have a pic, but this is a nicer one. :)

From camping in Quesnel (camping started on Tyler's birthday and we saw some amazing shooting stars from the Perseid meteor shower), we went on to Jasper National Park, stopping to view the some sights on the way. It was a lovely thunderstorm that night, after we went to bed, thankfully, but we still woke up soaked. Then we made our way to the Hirsekorn farm in Alberta (Lori's family) just south of Edmonton.

I'm not sure why I didn't take any pictures. We had a great time. Quentin went fishing at Anne and Tim's fishing hole (a mini-lake on their property they had stocked with trout) for his birthday. Both children enjoyed the trampoline at Grandma's. I enjoyed seeing everybody again. Tyler was amazed at how friendly everyone was and how they made us feel right at home. My dad came out for a couple of nights so we got to see him too. Patty, Shawn and Carmen were visiting their parents so I got to meet Patty and Carmen's daughters. Kathy and Grace were out, and Richard and his family were around...lots of family that I haven't been around in over ten years.

Then, the all-too-brief visit with my friend, Lori. It's so wonderful to have her back in my life, even if we are too far apart. We went to the Calgary Zoo for a brief run through the exhibits, then to Airdrie to visit Lori and her delightful little boy Aidan. I just can't say how much it means to me to have seen them. A giant hole in my being has been filled again...a connection to my past, somebody who knew me before I was a teenager (and in my teens, don't get me wrong). One night wasn't enough, but how many would make up for the 10+ years? Our children enjoyed playing with each other. Tyler is astounded that we each call our boys "Bug" and thinks it's something to do with Mackenzie...are there bugs there?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home