Friday, July 06, 2007

It's a beautiful day

It's a gorgeous day outside. A perfect day for camping in the backyard - exactly what we plan on doing. I'm going to set up the tent this afternoon, then the kids and Daddy can cook hot dogs over a fire. Or on the barbecue if it doesn't look safe around the fire. I don't think I'll cook my soup over the fire though.

I had my gum graft surgery on my lower front teeth on Wednesday. They took two strips from the roof of my mouth as donor tissue. I can't say this is the most comfortable experience I've ever had. I have two weeks of liquid or soft foods only to look forward to. No bread, nothing I need to bite into, and nothing I really need to chew. *sigh* It's cherry season. End of August I'll get my top gums done.

I finished my first week of summer school. It's a really strange experience. It's really intense while we're in class (we are trying to fit ~3 classes into every class), but I'm out of there by noon and I only have one class so the marking isn't awful. I have no idea what the students think of me. Very few talk to me because there is so little time to relax as we try to get through everything. 87 classes leaves you with time for doing homework and some casual time in class. 27 classes means there's no time to take things home to work on before you discuss it so it needs to be worked on right away. It's keeping me busy enough anyways.

My mouth hurts.

Be well and enjoy your weekends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home