Monday, July 02, 2007

Happy summertime all!

It's not Canada Day anymore, so I couldn't use that...Although we did enjoy our time at the Burnaby Village museum. They've done a few things differently this year that we liked. Mostly just a change in the way it was set up, but it worked a lot better. We missed having the lemonade, cotton candy and kettle corn though.

Thank you to everyone who contributed towards the Do It for Dad walk this year. We really appreciate it. It was two days after I was rather ill, but we did the five kilometre walk anyways. Just a little slower than usual...

School is done. I cried. I hate leaving anywhere. I've been passed over enough times that I just don't hold any hope of being back, although everyone says that I'll be back. I just can't do that, but I can't not. It's a vicious cycle that tears me up inside. Such a great group of teachers to work with, and they really seemed to accept me as part of the staff. I'm even invited to the summer department meeting at the department head's house.

The pub the staff attends on Fridays was attended by us on Friday, and then we were told to evacuate because of a fire on the premises. Yep, it was really, really smoky. Lightened the mood a little for me as I was about to walk out bawling anyways.

The children are doing wonderfully. Jade is singing more often than not. Random songs that she knows will start coming out of her mouth, some conjunctions missing, some lines missing, but always happy about it. The songs generally don't fit what's going on either. I think that it's wonderful. I almost always have a song going through my head, but it's rare that I vocalize it (rare compared to the number of songs, that is), but not her. I hope she keeps it up.

Quentin is growing up more and more. The way his mind works is well beyond that of most almost-four-year-olds. He has been starting to draw actual things (a happy face or a sad face are most often, but he does do some large-bodied animals with legs in odd places.) He is going to piano class and seems to be enjoying it, but he doesn't practice. Which is fine. He kicked me and Jade out of the room after the first class. I think that's okay too.

We're looking forward to our camping trips this summer, and visiting people we don't often get to visit. Quentin is very excited. If it had been nicer weather coming into this weekend we were going to have to set up the tent in the back yard and have a little sleep out. Hopefully that works out next weekend.

I start teaching summer school on Tuesday. It's only mornings, but how to fit an entire semester's worth of English into 27 classes (the 28th is exam day) is a little intimidating. After school on Tuesday I get to take my car in to get damage estimated on it (yes, our brand new car) because someone backed into Tyler when he was at the mall yesterday morning. Urrrr. Wednesday after school I get to go have gum graft surgery. I'm soooooo not looking forward to it. Let alone trying to figure out if I'll be able to teach Thursday, but I can't get a sub at summer school. That's also not too much fun because the last night of regular school, I got a massive intestinal thing that emptied my system both ways, and the same thing happened yesterday morning. My tummy's still feeling a little under the weather.

Tyler's hoping to start schooling in October, but BCIT messed up his paperwork and doesn't care, so it looks like January. Such is life.

That seems to be our world. Only working half days this summer should give me more time to update, and hey, I might even get some pictures going too!

Be well,
Jen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home