Friday, July 13, 2007

Surprise surprise!

Don't read this paragraph if things make you squeamish. I went to the periodontist today, thinking he'd basically be just looking things over, removing the one "cast" and off I'd go. Nope. He said to go to the dentist in a week to remove the lower cast. The upper one, which I was told would last only two days, the most they'd seen is five - it's been nine - they glued back on so it would last "another day or two." They had booked me in for Friday the 13th at 13:00 for the first surgery originally. They managed to move people around to get me in last week. Nobody cancelled the appointment for today, so while I was under the impression it was kept just for a check before they went on holidays....I showed up to him telling me that we were going to do the next sections today. It's another two weeks of pureed soup for me. Both sides on the top were done today, taking tissue from the other half of the roof of my mouth. Leaves me with nothing to chew with. Then they jammed the needle into my sinus and shot the freezing crap up through my nose and sinus cavities. Not a nice visit.

And I was looking forward to having steak tonight. Instead I got cream of chicken soup. Tasted similar to those dry powder cream of chicken soup mixes my dad always used to have on hand. Only without the dried lumps of powder, or chicken, floating throughout.

Quentin saw the new Capital One commercial with the "tooth fairy" tonight. He asked if it was the tooth fairy, and then stated "I didn't know the tooth fairy gave kids lists!" in his 'aren't they silly?' tone. I love that tone. Tyler figures it just means that the tooth fairy gets off easy when Quentin starts losing teeth.

To sleep. Perchance to dream.

Be well.

3 Comments:

At 7/14/2007 9:13 PM, Blogger the author said...

OK - i have nothing to complain about.. that is terrible. It sounds super painful - I hope you get some time to rest and focus on something great rather than your mouth.

I have some fillings I have to get fixed over the summer - every time I feel any pain I will think of you and remain strong :)

I need to go wash the kids - their feet are black from playing outside all day during our garage sale. Night and I hope tomorrow is great.

 
At 7/15/2007 1:45 AM, Blogger The Jaded Bee said...

My sister trying to help me sell my car, my friend commiserating on the teeth...I feel loved! :)

Really, the surgery stuff is less painful and bothersome than I make it out to be, but I do wish I could be eating cherries. Or regular food. Heck, I haven't even taken too many pain killers today. Only twice, I think. And I don't know when my cavities are going to get filled. I don't think the dentist can do that when there's gunk glued on around my teeth...

Be well all. Don't hurt. Be happy!

 
At 7/23/2007 1:43 PM, Blogger Nancy Anderson said...

Sorry to hear about the dental issues. I definitely relate in some ways- dental issues have been one of my main frustrations and stresses since returning to Mozambique- have had one root canal which didn't really work and am hoping to avoid another one on the other side. God seems to have been doing some healing which is amazing since I was DESPERATE- so hard when the dentist is 3 hours away across a busy border!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home