Sunday, July 29, 2007

Jadey peed in the potty! (and more)

Jade has been practising sitting on the potty for quite some time. It's taken months to get her to sit on it without a diaper though. As she likes to do everything that Quentin does, sometimes she sits on it if he has to go (he's on the big toilet, so no, it isn't a battle.) Tonight, Quentin announced he had to, and went downstairs. Jade said she had to...and she did! Quentin was 17 months when he started, but was almost three before he was completely potty trained. But, they say it's easier to potty-train girls, and maybe because it took so long for the first one, it might go quickly now. Or it might be a fluke that it happened, and won't again for months. We'll have to see.

Now that the 'casts' are off my gums, I'm really not thrilled with what I spent $3000 on with my gum surgery. Not what I expected/hoped for. When I see my dentist on Monday, I'll ask her what she thinks.

Quentin helped me make jam today. He said that he really enjoyed it and wants to do this evey year with me. Maybe the start of a great tradition? Okay, okay, to be fair, he has been around when I've processed grapes for the last few years, and I think he may have thrown a cup of sugar or two in... So far, we have cherry, blueberry, cherry blueberry, cherry raspberry and cherry strawberry jam. Most of them aren't sit-still thick, but I didn't want to cook the flavour right out of them as they are so tasty! Tomorrow we'll make apricot jam. Personally, I enjoy a good red jam any day, and don't give apricot jam its due, but my dad's apricots do make a great jam, and the kids love apricots. I don't know if apricots combine well with berries to make a different kind of jam...I know I could mix in peaches, but that wouldn't make sense with my peach allergy.

I love teaching summer school, other than the usual. The kids are so well-behaved and work so well it's fabulous. All but two are taking the class to get a head start on next year's courses, so they are there to do well - and it shows.

Two more weeks, and then it's vacation time! Two weeks of travelling around BC, and a trip to Alberta to the farm, visiting friends and family and getting camping in too! Yay! A lot of driving, but I think it's going to be worth it.

On another note - I'm glad I joined Facebook. I know, I know, but I was able to get in touch with my best friend from elementary school that I haven't spoken to since I was 19. We talked on the phone for an hour and a half this week, and it was great. She has a 15-month-old son, so our conversation had a few pauses as she went to tend her child, or one of mine interrupted, but it was great. It will happen again soon, I'm sure.

Time for sleep. Take care all.

1 Comments:

At 7/29/2007 8:32 PM, Blogger the author said...

Hi Jen - thanks for the note - I'm just glad nothing happened and Michael is ok - whatever he has settled down today... he is still super moody and not comfortable... it was a real weekend for us - I didn't do any work - well I will tonight - but I didn't do anything friday or saturday night - I'm shocked about... Glad to hear the jam making is going well... and congrats on the potty - Michael is doing the same thing - if Kyle has to go he wants to - he has peed once but really didn't know what was going on... so I'm hopeful but not counting on success yet... although if he gets it that would really make life grand :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home