Sunday, July 02, 2006

Canada Day

I forgot to take a camera with us when we went out today. Burnaby Village Museum for some old-fashioned fun. I knew that I would be upset the second I realized I'd forgotten it, and I was right. Is there anything as much fun as a child first discovering the wonders of blue cotton candy? The various ways of eating it, the way it ends up covering ones entire face in blue...it was great fun.

Tonight Jade and I went to my friend Shannon's Blessingway...a different sort of Hen Party based on Navaho traditions. Jade was not going to fall asleep, she was having too much fun. The groom's sister was her favourite. It's not often that Jade gives kisses and babbles in a person's face, let alone someone she's just met. Well, I finally dragged her out, and by the time we'd walked to the car, her eyes were getting droopy. Sat her in her seat and she got a big smile on her face and turned her head to fall asleep (smile still on) as if to say that she had had a wonderful time and was going to crash from exhaustion. She did. Apparently she liked girls' night out.

As for me, I've got a cake to make pretty tomorrow. I hope it turns out all right.

Take care.

1 Comments:

At 7/04/2006 2:11 PM, Blogger the author said...

Did you take a picture of the cake? Just interested in seeing it.

Jon's family made his wedding cake. It was a carrot cake and I think it was three levels. They'd placed real flowers in it and it was quite beautiful... much much much better than the lame one at my wedding. I'd asked the bakery for a martha stewart one and what they did stacked three cakes on top of each other and then rather than dotting the cake, like I'd requested, they strung fake beads around it... ARG! I was uber mad when we cut into it.

Glad you had a good canada day! We had andy's brother and girlfriend here and had a pretty good time; can't go wrong with good friends, good food and a sunny day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home