Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Grace

I don't really want to post because I love having that picture of Jade being top center, but I know I have copies and can scroll down and everything else including the fact that there should be more updates.

As I am officially a Coquitlam School District TOC, I am eligible to apply for all their teaching positions now, and had to get my computer access stuff in order to do so. (Although I did get a peek at the postings thanks to a friend of mine.) Many problems and communications with technical support later, I get an e-mail saying that everything is fixed and thanking me for my patience and grace. It's an odd word to have used, in my mind, although I do appreciate it. At the end of the school year last year, one of my vice-principals, Matt Beimers, said that when he thinks of me, the word 'grace' comes to mind. This little e-mail brought back the warm fuzziness of that compliment. It's not a word I would have ever used to describe myself. In fact, at one point during my post-secondary career I had three close friends of mine, within a month time period, each tell me I wasn't a nice person. They weren't trying to be mean, really. I think they were trying to say I didn't always have much tact without having any themselves. It's something I still think I have troubles with and do make conscious efforts to amend, so to be told that I have grace is quite nice. It is definitely something for me to try to live up to, and something to keep those cockles of my heart warm.

And in other news....what you're really here for:

Potty training is going amazingly well. Wednesday through Saturday, very few issues. Of course, he won't have a bowel movement in the potty and actually didn't have one until he was in a diaper and asleep one night. Not a normal occurrence. We used diapers on Sunday because we had the prostate cancer walk and lots of driving. Quentin still asked to go potty when we were at the family gathering in the evening, even though he was wearing a diaper. Daycare isn't too thrilled with the idea of him wearing only underwear (we can't go in and out if we go outside to play), but I'm not thrilled with the idea of not being very consistent. How will he learn if he's in a diaper two days a week?

Jade is saying "mom." Just like her brother and unlike most children, mom is the first word. Most children say "dada" first, but not our kids. She repeats sounds that Quentin makes to her at times. Sometimes those are just high pitched squeals that Quentin is getting her to copy, but she does try to communicate.

Okay, time to sleep.

Take care all.

2 Comments:

At 6/15/2006 6:06 PM, Blogger Stewart said...

Jade must be feeling out the way things are run in the Whitcher household ;P

 
At 6/16/2006 1:08 AM, Blogger The Jaded Bee said...

lmao

 

Post a Comment

<< Home