Thursday, June 29, 2006

Some Quentin stories

First off, because I feel it's the most important one (I'll end with the funniest one to leave you on a light note), one with a request. The request? One I made when Quentin was an infant, but apparently it needs to be made again. Children learn from what they see people doing, or by what some people allow them to do so do not show them or encourage them to do things that they should not do. Children do not really know the meaning of moderation (if one person can do something to one person in one situation, everybody is allowed to in every situation). Please do not bite/nibble/snuffle/suck on/snack on any part of my children. It teaches them to BITE. Because he has seen someone else doing it, Quentin decided today to 'snack' on Jade's toes. I repeatedly asked him not to, but I kept turning around at various times today to see him doing so and Jade not being too happy about it. The last time left Jade crying her head off with deep tooth marks on her foot.

A happier story. Quentin was purple today. No, it wasn't paint. We found some Okanagon cherries at a produce store today. YUMMY! We brought them home, and I decided to give Quentin a refresher on how to eat cherries, as I think he's old enough now to not need me to take the pits out for him. Well, I was right. Unfortunately, he needs to be unclothed to eat them. Popped one in his mouth, and instantly there's a big blotch of cherry juice on his shirt as he tries to take the pit out without swallowing any juice, or even biting through to the pit yet. My fault, I should have known better. Unfortunately, he happens to be wearing his favourite shirt. Off it goes. With the potty training complete, pants and shorts don't really fit him, and he's wearing one of the few pairs of shorts that do. Off they go. And the brand new Curious George underwear with them. There's purple coating his face, it's in his hair, it's from his fingers to his elbows, down his chest, on his legs, all over the floor (tile, it's okay.) We went outside and played with his new Slip and Slide, aka Splash and Crash, in a vain attempt to clean him up. It partially worked.

The story that's so funny it will probably be told at his wedding. We went short shopping for Daddy tonight. Daddy's in the change room trying things on, then coming out to model them for us. Quentin is being a standard little kid going in and out of the changerooms too. Daddy comes out, holding up his t-shirt so I can see the waistline of the shorts he is trying on, and says "So, what do you think of these?" Quentin comes out of the same changeroom with a big smile on his face, holding up his shirt, shorts and underwear around his ankles and in the exact same tone as Daddy says "So, what do you think of these?" I had to turn around I was laughing so hard. Kudos to Tyler for keeping a straight face, because there was no way I could.

I love my boy.

2 Comments:

At 6/29/2006 1:27 PM, Blogger the author said...

I hope Jade's toes are better.

Kyle has started biting my mom, of all people. Every time she is around he thinks it's ok. My mom kind of shrugs it off but I know that it hurts. We are working on the solution.

Funny Quentin story. That one is a keeper - at least for his girlfriends.

Hope you have a great Canada Day long weekend!

 
At 7/10/2006 3:50 PM, Blogger Stewart said...

splash and crash eh? sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home