Sunday, June 25, 2006

And then there was one...

Child in diapers, that is. Quentin is completely out of diapers now. He made it through last night with only wearing underwear to bed. No more diapers for my little boy. Daddy, the diaper rinser, is quite relieved. Yes, sometimes there's a little accident, but not because he's not trying to get to the potty every time, and they're not every day.

Yesterday I made a strawberry rhubarb cobbler. Apparently it's a good thing I did because it is Quentin's favourite cake! I've been baking chocolate cakes lately for my friend Shannon's wedding cake. It's next weekend, so there have been a few cakes cooling on the table that Quentin can't have, and not just because there's wheat flour in them. I wanted to make something that used some of the strawberries we brought home from my Gramma's house last weekend, and made the cobbler. Even though he'd been sneaking some of the crumbs of the chocolate cakes, the first bite of the cobbler Quentin exclaimed "MMMMM, this is my favourite cake!" Better than anything he'd had before.

Jade is coming along fine with food, with crawling, with climbing, with babbling... Definitely different than Quentin who was content to sit until he started walking, pretty much. She wants to move. The only food she's tried so far that she doesn't like, or at least doesn't keep down, is bananas. Tofu was a definite hit. As were the lingonberry popcicles we made from the IKEA juice.

Apparently I'm going through a midlife crisis...Tyler doesn't know who his wife is anymore. I actually purchased a bright pink tank top a few weeks ago that I wear. Last night, I bought a skirt that I will wear fairly often because it's quite comfy. The skirt is above the knee unlike all the ankle length skirts I've been buying and wearing in recent memory. Tyler says he's going to divorce me as we obviously got married under false pretenses.

Take care all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home