Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Fun and Games

Well, not really. But yes.

Saturday we made a day trip to Campbell River to visit my grandmother. A long day, especially as it was my third day in a row without a nap, but that's okay. Well worth it. This is the grandmother that I looked identical to when I was an infant, and therefore Jade looks like her as she looks like I did. Quentin had fun and did not want to leave. Of course, he spent a lot of time in the backyard with Daddy playing badminton with the new set of toys he received from his Great Auntie Susie, and he didn't want to stop playing badminton.

On the way back to the ferry we stopped for a few minutes in Qualicum Bay. Every time we go to an ocean beach, I try to show Quentin the fun of finding those little crabs whenever a rock is turned over. We hadn't found any crabs in the many times I had done that for him, and I wanted to prove to him that I wasn't completely insane. We didn't stop at the tourist beach, but rather a smaller one and we hit the jackpot! Not only were there tons of crabs under the rocks, but we didn't even have to flip rocks because this beach was just crawling with them. To top it off, there was a little tidal pool that had itty bitty little anemones in it. I think I might have been more excited than Quentin!

I had found him a very nice shell when we first got there, and he wanted to get every other shell that he saw. So, I told him that he already had the prettiest shell on the beach. After that, even if I asked if he wanted one that was really nice, he said no because he had one already.

Other amazing things...we passed a ReMax that had a 3D balloon on the side of its building, and he pointed out "the balloon like on the benches." You know, the ads on bus benches? He also noticed the giant gnome was holding his hand to say "stop." He is amazing and astounds me constantly on how much he knows, how much he connects ideas and concepts, and just how wonderful he really is at times. I love that little boy.

Jade is saying a few words. She will repeat 'Up' when we pick her up. She says "Mom." And she also says lots of phrases that have a definite meaning...whatever they mean, including one we're sure is a repeat of us saying "I love you."

I stopped by Terry Fox again today. Apparently I left my folder behind on the desk of the teacher I subbed for, and she was kind enough to call and let me know. (I didn't figure it out and don't know if I would have.) So, I poked my nose in to say hi to my old counsellor. He's going to put a good word in for me to get one of the jobs that they have open. He always would have done anything for me. For that matter, pretty much any of the counsellors would have, but he was the one that was assigned to me alphabetically. I think half the staff is Terry Fox grads from various years. Definitely a school that had some school spirit.

In other news, my dad says his eye surgery went well today. I haven't seen him, but he says it's all good.

And in other other news, my sister and her children could use a few prayers as they start life on their own. It's going to be hard as my sister tries to find a place and the children get used to not living with their dad and I think some prayers would help as it's not a happy separation.

Take care all. Hug your loved ones.

2 Comments:

At 6/20/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger Stewart said...

What a cutie.

 
At 6/22/2006 12:54 AM, Blogger the author said...

Beachcombing - what great fun! I can't wait to take Kyle and Michael to Long Beach and try out the action. I collected shells in Queen Charlotte a few years ago (um... six years - holy) and I gave them all to him to place in the garden. He had a pretty good time and then we planted little seeds around it... now the seeds are coming up and hopefully it will transform this part of the garden.

Ok - I better go and actually pack (see my board for more details). I will think of happy thoughts for your sister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home