Thursday, May 18, 2006

Nonsense

So, Crofton House has posted for an English teacher. They told me that they welcome me to apply again at any time. Does that mean now?

The school in Tsawwassen sent me a letter. I think because I said I don't teach grade 8 very well they didn't hire me. I don't think they were looking for a senior teacher. Oh well.

Talked to my dad last night. He's ticked off at the schools for not hiring the right person. He also was looking for a partner to join him for the tv show 'The Amazing Race." And, he was getting morbid saying that due to history of the men in his family, he's living on borrowed time and he could go any day now. He's one of the healthiest people I know, so I don't think so. Sheesh, I lost one father not too long ago, I really, really don't want to lose this one any time soon. Okay, any time, but I do have half a baby toe in reality so while it may happen some day, not any day soon that I need to worry about. Give me another 30, 50, 60 years. Something like that.

I sat Quentin and Jade on the bottom of the stairs to take their picture today (filmnotdigital so you'll see it sometime in the whoknowswhen future). They both sat there smiling and looking so adorable, I had to force myself to not keep taking the same picture until the roll ran out.

Jade sits so well these days. Just had to say that because she's sitting on the spare bed beside me, playing with the phone, just as happy as can be. If she has a toy or two, she will sit and play quite happily for about an hour. On Tuesday that let me weed the front garden before Quentin woke up, and yesterday to finish weeding and planting it (with the help of my mother-in-law).

Quentin is definitely starting to feel better. Today he actually has been hungry. Okay, he's also put himself back to bed four times because he's been tired, but he's doing a lot better. (None of those returning to bed instances have been for longer than five minutes.) He's picked up a habit in the last month or so that I'm not so sure about. He sings to the tunes of his music class songs, but he sings nonsensical words. Or he sings the song, but changes the first sound of each word to a constant consonant or something else a little odd. Drip drop changes to mip mop, or bip bop...right now he's changing 'Skip to my Loo' to be "kick, kick, kick koo kie kow."

Oh, Jade added peas to what she eats now. So, it's up from just milk to also having rice cereal, and peas. But the peas have to be in the cereal. She can also scoot backwards, roll in any direction, and turn herself around on the floor.

Be well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home