Monday, May 08, 2006

Jade's check-up

Took Jade in for her 6 month check-up today. She is 8.56 kg (just under 19 lbs) which is in the 90th percentile for her age, and 68.5 cm long (27 inches) which is in the 80th percentile for her age. I think it took Quentin twice as long to get to this weight...

She had her immunizations today too. This girl is amazing. She was more upset that I wasn't feeding her when she was sitting on my lap than she was about getting the shots. Okay, the alcohol in the spots where she got her needles she didn't like too much, but she was smiling before the doctor even finished getting her third needle ready.

I did get tsked that she's not on fruits and vegetables yet. She just started eating the rice cereal more than pushing it out of her mouth. The doctor told me to start her on solids when she was four months. With Quentin's allergies, I didn't think so. As well, she did not want anything other than milk her mouth. No medicine, nothing. Besides, with her size, her health doesn't seem to be lacking.

I think we'll see a tooth come out before the end of the week. There's a hole in her gums that looks promising.

Time to get big brother from daycare. Take care all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home