Monday, May 08, 2006

Sheep

Okay, decided not to do the picture thing. Found a series of animals so the children could 'find' a sheep amongst the other animals. (On cards, flip them over...) Then had them make sheep out of toilet paper tubes, egg cartons (needed heads somehow), cotton balls and pipe cleaners. They seemed to enjoy it.

I love my children. Jade spat up tonight so much I took her shirt off and replaced it with one of mine before heading upstairs to find her new clothes. Quentin saw it, and immediately wanted one of my shirts to wear too. After we picked one out, he was content to wait until we were ready to dress him (he'd just had tub time), until he saw Jade again and wanted it on immediately. On my filmnotdigital camera I have what should be a great picture of the two of them lying together giggling while wearing Mommy's shirts.

I'm finally reading the Da Vinci Code. I enjoyed the beginning, but thought that it dumbed things down a little too much. Employing the tell, not show, method of storytelling. I'm almost done now, about 60 pages to go, and I'm rather annoyed. I suspend disbelief as long as I can when I read a book or watch a movie so that I get the full experience, but these 'brilliant minds' that are surrounded by a billion things and know all the background information inside and out don't clue in to certain things that are painfully obvious? Heck, any elementary school student that has read Harry Potter knows the first thing you do with strange writing is look at it in a mirror, let alone someone who is familiar with Da Vinci. Whatever. Interesting spin on history, my fault for not hearing it before, but I haven't thrown my belief systems out the window because of this book. Now I just have to figure out if Tom Hanks is going to irritate me too much to sit through the movie... That feather at the end of Forrest Gump ticked me off enough to hold a pretty serious grudge against him that I've only in recent years started letting go of. Hopefully he won't play the character as idiotic as he was written in the novel.

Time for sleep. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home