Monday, May 08, 2006

Books, anyone?

After giving birth to Quentin I started selling Usborne books. I'd seen them around for years, owned a couple of their encyclopedias (they are often at the PNE), and loved them. We got Quentin lots of books, and quite a few other people got books too.

With Jade having a fascination for books like her brother did, I'm very tempted to become a seller again. Do any of you think you might be interested in some great books for yourselves or your children? They range from simple board books, bath books, and touchy-feely books, to puzzle books and simple story books, to novels and some great informational books. A lot of their research books have internet links that they keep updated so the information doesn't go out of date, and you know that the sources are reliable. www.usborne.ca if you want to take a look at the catalogue then let me know! Thank you.

Children falling over themselves giggling at each other. I think I want to take part. Take care.

2 Comments:

At 5/09/2006 12:31 AM, Blogger the author said...

hooray jen - I'm so glad to see you blogging and so happy to see pictures of jade and quentin - quentin looks like such a big boy now! Jade's growth is great! You are so right about comic book family... we are starting to go in that direction too... Kyle looks just like daddy and Michael - well he kind of looks like my dad... strangers (to me) who know my dad point out the common features - he still has his blue eyes and as long as he retains those I think people will continue to comment on how he looks like me... without those... well I think we will have two daddies boys - that's fine by me... three good looking men in my life is great.

I was surprised to read that "she should be eating fruit and veg" at her six month check up. Our public health nurse told me to DEFINITELY NOT start any solids until six months... it is apparently the new law of the land... I didn't listen.. Michael wants to eat - he stares at us at dinner time and I knew he was ready. We've tried rice cereal and he likes that... started wheat cereal tonight and he wasn't as interested. I might have caught him at a bad time too.

I'm interested in the books. I'm specifically interested in the where's waldo type books. Kyle is really into that right now and we don't have anything like it... or rather we don't have anything that he hasn't solved. He has gone through most of the library books and found Waldo so I'm looking for something a little more challenging. I will look at the usborne site and see if I can find something.

He is also into song books. He is learning the words to songs all the time now. He started singing along to a cartoon that he'd seen once before. I was floored by it. It worries me how many other things I've said that he is just storing away in the corner of his mind, waiting for the moment to unleash it. As it is, when I'm on my cell phone he copies me... word for errie word. I will check your blog often and I've linked you back to my page (meandmycanon.blogspot.com) so others can come have a look.

 
At 5/09/2006 2:35 AM, Blogger The Jaded Bee said...

April, they definitely have the Waldo type books. All the little story books have the duck to look for, and then there are two types of puzzle books. Jigsaw puzzle books that have puzzle pieces that come out of the book, and the other ones are the type where you find the people/objects/etc in the pictures. Various levels of those.

Woohoo, I finally had a comment! lol

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home