Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break! (Get it? Break?)

I broke my finger before I even finished my prep to leave school last Friday. By jumping. Not off anything, just straight up in the air to see something higher, I smacked my hand into a counter. On my way up. I now have a splint on my finger for the next six weeks.

Tyler's back at work. They don't seem to run very well without him there. He's working today, and expects to get a call every other day this weekend.

The kids have been home with me the last couple of days, although they're not all that big on cleaning as a full-day task. (Let alone two full days.) Truth be told, neither am I, and the finger gives me a pretty good excuse! :)

We've got a pretty busy Easter weekend happening. Tomorrow we're going to brunch at a friend's house. It's been months since we've seen them, and Quentin is very excited to see his little friend again. (He used to 'save' extra stickers for her whenever he got some.) I think August was the last time we saw them. Then my dad is coming over for a visit.

On Sunday, Quentin is singing as part of the children's choir at church (which is joining the adult choir for one song this week). I'll be playing the bells. Last Sunday Quentin was one of only two children that showed up for singing, and the only one that sang. He played the tambourine, exactly in rhythm, and even Daddy could hear him sing at the back of the church. He came up to me excitedly later saying "Mommy! Everyone keeps telling me what a wonderful job I did!" He really was great, I'm very proud of him.

And, of course, we do have an Easter dinner happening. This year it's at Tyler's dad's home.

Typing sucks, so I'm going to stop now. I hope you all find lots of chocolate and enjoy this special time.

1 Comments:

At 3/22/2008 10:47 PM, Blogger the author said...

Two posts in the same year.. am I at the right blog? Thanks for posting all your easter happenings... we are lame - doing nothing - small hunt tomorrow morning but I have no idea how I'm going to hide eggs while I have both the boys and no one else around... good luck hunting tomorrow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home