Monday, October 08, 2007

Happy Turkey Day

Thankful for...great friends and their families; a wonderful, large family; beautiful, smart, healthy, active, inquisitive, loving children; a home; God; a billion little things that make life easier for us than many people in the world; that there are those who help make things brighter for those less fortunate (Nancy in Africa, the school in Sierra Leone my old school helped build, my friend Jon who volunteered as a doctor in Africa for a year...) and that I have the privilege of calling these people my friends; our education; can one ever list everything they are thankful for?

A busy weekend for the family. Saturday Tyler worked, and I took Jade and Quentin to music class. Oddly enough, they fought over my lap less than when Daddy is there! They shared me quite nicely. After Daddy came home, we went on a quick shopping trip to find a present for Caspian, our friends' David and Genevieve's son as we were heading to his baptism Sunday morning.

And, oddly enough, we went to the baptism. It was at a different church, and Quentin was excited to go to Sunday school. Unfortunately, Jade wanted to go too. At this church, however, they only take children from age 3+ in their sunday school. I tried to tell Jade that only big kids went at this church, and she started sobbing and tapping her chest "But I'm a big kid, I want to go, I'm a big kid!" Broke my heart. The nursery wasn't quite the same, although it mollified her. The person in charge of the nursery didn't believe someone Jade's age was capable of taking part. Um, yeah.

After the baptism, we went over to Caspian's home for a lovely potluck lunch. It was quite yummy, and I do need to get the recipe for the great squash soup Genevieve made. Then, straight from there out to Richmond for a Thanksgiving dinner. My mom and her husband hosted. Katie and her family, Mike, Terri and her family, Katya (my cousin), Aunt Sheila and Wally, and my grandfather were all there as well. A lot of good food, and it was nice to spend time with my family. It's not often we gather, unlike Tyler's family/extended family. I think we actually spend more time with Tyler's family that moved to Airdrie than my family around here.

I'm not working much yet. It's a slow year for TOC's...they might actually have hired enough this year to last the district more than a month or two. The mat-leave position I was going to get was taken by someone on the call-back lists, so it's sporadic for me. I've gotten a lot of cleaning done around the house, and a lot of canning. Who knows, if it stays this sparse for awhile longer, I may even finish the bathroom trim.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

1 Comments:

At 10/15/2007 7:40 AM, Blogger Nancy Anderson said...

Thanks so much for remembering me all the way over here! I've had a lonely weekend and it's lovely to know I'm remembered! 99.9% of the time this life is normal now and I don't miss all the comforts of "home." There is SO much grace. But, weekends like this last one I could hop a plane pretty quick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home