Monday, November 19, 2007

Warm fuzzies

So I'm scrubbing the tub in preparation for the children's bath, and Quentin is in the bathroom talking to me. He starts by telling me that he was praying during dinner to thank God for the wonderful food and his wonderful toys. (We don't normally say Grace.) He then said that he wanted to pray every day at dinner to say thank you for the wonderful food, the ingredients for the food, our toys, our nice bathtub, our nice blue towels...

I agreed it was nice to say thank you for all of this, and that there are many people who don't have food, toys, or tubs. ("They only have showers." was Quentin's first comment on that, before I talked about people without homes. He realized they only get to shower in the rain which is cold and not always nice.) I then talked about how we're going to make cookies for our church's cookie project to give to people who don't have homes. He said that we could make all types, maybe even gingerbread, and we need to put them in cans first (they do go in tins). Then, he added on that we should give them stuff to wash their hands, and maybe even give them a drink of water.

Just thought I'd share what I sweet boy we have.

1 Comments:

At 11/21/2007 12:09 PM, Blogger Louise Chapman said...

I'm looking forward to conversations like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home