Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Oddities

Quentin and I were shopping today and got into a checkout line behind a mother with two children. There was a boy around 4 years old in the cart, and a baby girl in the seat on top of the cart. Quentin wanted a closer look at the 'cute cute baby,' so I picked him up and moved him closer. The mother asked her son if he wanted to see the little boy (he was about twice Quentin's size). "Do you want me to help you out so that you can see him, Quinn?" I asked her to repeat his name again. Turns out, the baby girl was named Elisabeth. (She said that's how they spelled it, different from Jade's middle name.)

After Quentin got sick at the end of last week, I ended up starting to feel horrible all weekend. I'm still not over it. Tyler stayed home today because he felt so bad he didn't feel he could move out of the fetal position. So, what did I do? Pushed myself too far and mowed both lawns. It was the only sunny day in the last week and a half, and we're not supposed to get another one any day soon. Why not leave them? The weeds out front were getting pretty tall not having been mowed in two weeks, and the back yard was getting knee high as it hadn't been mowed in over a month. Looks a LOT better now, and Quentin can run around the backyard again without getting lost, or having to worry about all the bumblebees in the buttercups.

I feel like crap. I hope that we all feel better tomorrow because I don't want to skip swimming already!

Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home