Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Sweetest Thing

Tyler was upstairs putting Quentin to bed. Jade was downstairs with me, almost pretending she'd be going to bed soon too. Suddenly, she gets off the couch and wanders away. I let her go thinking she's just going to play. She starts making an excited word, so I look, and she is holding Quentin's prized crocodile "Barbara" and shaking it at me (in as much as she can with her limited size). "Yes, that's Barbara," I say, not comprehending. "Yes, that's Quentin's Barbara," when she doesn't stop. Off she goes, up the stairs (with me following), up the next stairs (split level), down the hall and into Quentin's room where she gave him his crocodile knowing that he likes to sleep with it. He was very glad to get Barbara, and said "Thank you Jade" to which she responded "Thank you" using sign language, and very happily/proudly came back downstairs.

1 Comments:

At 1/12/2007 2:22 PM, Blogger Stewart said...

That is absolutely adorable

 

Post a Comment

<< Home