Friday, July 21, 2006

Summer fun

Learning to crawl, and loving that she can get into mischief...

We wandered down to the rec centre today to try out their Busy Bees program. It was much better than I expected. The theme today was the ocean, so there were four different crafts having to do with that (okay, one wasn't, but it was messy enough to need lots of water after, so close enough), a fishing game, tons of toys spread around, then circle time at the end for a story, songs and parachute games. Quentin loved it all and is looking forward to going next week when the theme is dinosaurs. Although, I will let you know that Quentin is anything other than a typical little boy in that he has not shown an extreme fascination with dinosaurs, or cars. He is looking forward to being a scuba diver when he grows up though.

Jade didn't make the age limit to join in the fun, but they were nice enough to not make her sit outside the room while the fun was going on. She even did her first craft today and got paint all over herself, her dress, and even mommy. This picture show some of the paint on her, there was yellow and blue on her face too, and also shows her doing a bit of sign language. This is her interpretation of "Mommy, it's time to pick me up, snuggle, and get me some food so that I may fall asleep." In other words, almost the sign for mom.

Some pictures of Jade and Quentin enjoying the backyard.



I really should learn to upload my images before I start typing...then I'll know what order they will show up in so that I can write my blog accordingly.

Hello Nancy! I'm glad you could visit! Everybody else, take a look at her website to see some amazing photos of Africa and learn some of the wonderful things she is doing. Nancy was my department head at Fraser Valley last year and I don't think I will ever have another department head that will come close to her support and dedication.

Take care all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home