Sunday, June 28, 2009

Busy bees (and buttercups!)

First things first. Thank you to all who have sponsored us for the Prostate Cancer walk. If you haven't sponsored us yet, and you would like to, you have until June 30th (that's Tuesday) to do so. Just click on the link in the last post on our blog. (We're only $25 away from the next donation level...)

Jade lost a tooth last week. Okay, she didn't lose it. Her top lip gradual got bigger from Friday to Sunday night. She went to the ER, was told it was a fungal infection as she didn't have a fever, so to let it go. Then she got a fever in the morning, so off to the ER again. Might be an infection, might be an allergy, might be trauma. Looked kind of like any one of them, but not actually like any of them. So on some drugs (finally). The next morning, it burst, and pus and blood came out. She came to work with me, then we went to the doctor's office when I realized it was coming out of her gums abover the tooth she's broken a couple of times. She felt much better at this point as the pressure had been relieved and her lip had gone down in size as a result. The doctor said to get her to a dentist, who said to get her to a pediatric dentist, who said the tooth needed to come out. So, Jade is missing a tooth. I have pictures - before and after photos! They'll be posted. I'm sure of it!

Quentin has finished Kindergarten. I was fine with it until I got to that final line on his report card that said he advances to grade one. Then I couldn't stop crying.

Quentin has also achieved swimming. He has been able to float for a couple of weeks now, but this weekend in his lesson he was able to swim on his front, on his own. So proud!

I finished school this past week. Leaving Fox one more time. We'll see if I go back any time soon, as who knows where my job will be in the fall...or next year for that matter! I'm also prepping summer school, which starts on Thursday.

And, well, for good measure, I'm prepping to paint the house this week too. (On top of the usual garden/yardwork/housework/baking that normally gets done, or should get done.) The white stucco will stay white, and the dark brown trim I'm planning on changing to a dark teal. I think. We'll see for sure when I go get the paints if that's what I really want. I think it is. Two houses got painted last summer in our cul-de-sac, and they went from being nice coloured houses to pale grey houses. :P I'm hoping the teal looks nice! We bought the plastic sheeting today, and a sprayer. "If you use this one, it will take you about a month. This one, it will be about a day or two." And well, it cost the same as renting one for a few days, so...if you need a sprayer to paint your house after we're done, we have one. Better yet, if you want to buy a used sprayer after we're done... :)

Okay, I need to get off the 'puter before I get yelled at some more for not resting (I'm sick) so I'll get those pictures on another day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home