Monday, March 23, 2009

Happiness







In the spirit of ignoring the negativity that I've had thrown my way lately, I'm going to post pictures (courtesy of my friend, Taira) from my vacation with my children to Osoyoos. The Soyoos, as Quentin calls it. I forgot to bring my camera charger, so I was unable to take many pictures, but I did get a few of bowling before the camera totally kicked it on me. That's what happens when the kids get the camera in the backyard for an hour or so and take pictures of everything. I mean everything - rocks, boots, grass, frisbee... And, I did try to splice the video bits together to post, but something goes wrong in the middle of me doing that. I will try again one day. We'll see what happens at work tomorrow to see if I'll have the time this week.
You can get a good view of Jade's new haircut. She's been begging me for months to cut her hair, so I told her I would on vacation. As much as it hurt me (I love her long hair), I stayed true to my word. She doesn't like ponytails or headbands, so it really only made sense. It's a little uneven in the back, but not bad for the first real haircut I've given her, in my humble opinion. When she lets me, I'll even it out.
The two highlights of the trip for the children were seeing Charley, and going bowling. Jade got a 45, Quentin a 49, without bumpers and on their own. I figure that's pretty darn good. Both of them were beating me for the first few frames. Jade has asked me if next time we go bowling, "Can Charley and and and the the the people he lives with come with us?" Charley is one of the few dogs in this world that Quentin doesn't freak out about. That says a lot.

2 Comments:

At 3/26/2009 8:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Charley would probably love bowling but break his teeth trying to eat the bowling balls. Jer is laughing that we are "Charley's people". I think that is how he thinks of us. It was SOOOOOOOOO good to see you guys. Charley hurt his back playing on the slide with the kids but is slowly recovering. Have some stuff to mail you . . . . eventually.

 
At 4/02/2009 8:59 AM, Blogger OC said...

Jen - they're both look so cute together..:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home