Friday, September 01, 2006

My first morning alone in a very long time

I get to post a little update because Jade is with Quentin at daycare. Just for a few hours today, but that doesn't mean I'm not very lonely. She was happy to be there, smiling away in the high chair as I was leaving. Quentin, who has been attending daycare for two years now with few problems over the years, was bawling his eyes out at me leaving. He's pretty tired, but still.

Yesterday we went to the PNE with Granny, Daddy joined us after work and Granny went home around dinner time. Quentin loved running around the hay maze, Jade loved the animals. We didn't really like the crowds too much. Quentin played a fishing for frogs game and won himself a frog that he just adored. (He also played a different game to win Jade a cute bird that she likes rather a lot.) He was hugging it tightly, or having it hop on everything around us, that sort of thing. Then at the end of the night between Jade's diaper change and Quentin and I going on one more thing (giant inflatable slide), it disappeared off the stroller. Lost and found was already closed for the night, and it wasn't turned in in the inflatables lost and found. We're hoping for a phone call today to say they found it (yeah right.) He didn't forget about it though, so we might have Granny go fishing for frogs this weekend when she visits the fair again.

Our "oh yes, it'll be no problem to get everything done in two days" bathroom renovation is nowhere near completion. It's looking good, and we're very grateful for everybody's help. But, right now we have a tub (no fixtures so it can't be used yet), wall tiles that still need to be sealed and caulked, and floor tiles that need to be sealed. Note that I didn't say toilet, sink, counters... It's fine because I knew it was going to take longer than two days, regardless of what anybody said, but I'm not sure when the completion date is now. Especially when we don't even have a counter to put in the bathroom.

I'm officially on four schools' and a school district's TOC (Teacher-On-Call) lists. One in North Van, one in Vancouver (Arbutus and 10th), one in Surrey, one in Burnaby and the Coquitlam school district. Let the random phone calls begin! Okay, okay, I know, they won't start for a couple of weeks, and that's if I'm lucky, but I'd still like to know that I'm going to get some work.

Okay, I'm going to go clean off the last bits of extra grout from my bathroom floor and call to see if I'm bringing my car in to get a nut removed from the wheel (yes, a tree nut) today or next week. I'll explain later.

Take care all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home