Sunday, August 06, 2006

Family time again

This time you're going to have to wait for pictures though. I took my film camera instead of my digital. I think I have close to a dozen rolls of film hanging around waiting to be developed.

My sister, Traci, and two of her sons, Mitchell and Jaden, are in town so we went back to Debbie's house for another day in the sun. Traci is Terri's twin sister and while I've always had difficulties telling them apart, Jade had no idea what was going on. She'd stare back and forth between the two trying to figure out what was going on because she could tell there wasn't a mirror there. A little overwhelming for a little girl. Quentin was given warning so he wasn't quite so taken aback. He was very cute though. At one point I asked him why his shorts were wet. "One of the ladies did it. It was one of the twins." In his perfect enunciation of every word. Traci has been living in Grande Prairie, so that's why we haven't seen too much of her, just like Jason. She has decided that she is going to move though - to Halifax. Her mother's family is from there, and many family members are there for her, so it will be good for her.

In other news...

The adventures have begun. Yesterday Mike and Melanie came over to help us out. Tyler and MIke spent a few hours erecting Quentin's playground/fort/thingy. The frame is up and most of the platforms are up, just no safety rails or ladders to climb to get to the platforms. By most of the platforms I mean each platform is 3/4 finished, not that 3 out of 4 platforms are up. Melanie assisted me with a little shopping I had to do, and then we played Scrabble for a bit. She was going to assist me in making jam, but the time was not there for that. So, after she left I made strawberry, blueberry and strawberry-blueberry jam.

Today we went to Kim and Jeff's to pick up a bit of camping equipment as Tuesday we are heading to the Island for a day of camping, and a day of visiting my grandmother. Tomorrow we have a birthday party to attend before pakcing everything up for the trip. Thursday we will be spending time with Tyler's mother who has been away in China. Friday I'm getting things prepared, including a cake, for Saturday for a barbecue we're having to celebrate Tyler's birthday on the 13th and Quentin's birthday on the 12th. Kris, Maria and Annika will be attending, so that should be good as Quentin hasn't met Kris or Maria, and I have yet to meet Annika. You know things are a little off when you need to re-meet your brother and his wife...lol.

Then there's bathroom renovation and a large family barbecue all before the end of August. I thought I'd get a nap again next Sunday, but it's Tyler's birthday, so he should get the nap not me. So maybe Monday next week. I needed to get out of the habit anyways before I start heading to work.

Take care all.

3 Comments:

At 8/07/2006 8:09 AM, Blogger the author said...

Sounds like you are busy enough for a couple of families. I hope you enjoy the long weekend. I'm trying to make the most of it. I made cookies with Kyle last night and some rice krispy squares. I'm totally procrastinating, that's why I'm up working on the computer this morning. I have to send some emails and get some work done, so that's what I'm off to do. Have a great day.

 
At 8/08/2006 8:50 AM, Blogger No Rinos, No Dinos said...

Hi Jen...Dad sent me your blog, can I join in? ;)
Hope your son has a great birthday!

 
At 8/10/2006 1:51 AM, Blogger The Jaded Bee said...

lol, oh, I suppose so. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home