Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Quick Update

We've had a visit from my brother and his family, which was wonderful, Tyler's birthday, our 4th anniversary, Quentin's birthday which included a trip to the aquarium followed by a family barbecue where his cake was a Nemo/Marlin and Dory decorated cake made by me, which I didn't take a picture of...duh, he loves his new slide and many other presents, we're in the process of all the stuff for putting in the new bathroom (tub and fixtures gone, sink/counter gone, tub walls gone, new tub with giant chip in it in our carport...), Jade has her two top front teeth - one last Monday and one this Monday, we went to the aquarium with Melanie and Mike today to give Dad and Pappy time and space to replumb the bathroom...

And we went swimming tonight where I had Quentin 'floating,' then got him kicking his feet and the most amusing paddling of the arms (complete with head bobbling through the air side to side...I can't describe it in words - ask me to demonstrate) and told him that was close to swimming. He starts heading towards the stairs so we can go put our feet in the hot tub, and he decides to swim. He actually did, until his face bobbed under and he panicked a little but was still valiantly trying to swim until I pulled him up. Rather impressive, really, for a first attempt, especially since he held his breath. He didn't even splutter when I pulled him out of the water.

Jade's trying to talk. To the point where I belched after dinner tonight and she made a deep 'urrrr' sound to try to imitate me. She'll imitate sounds/words, plays with her brother and wants to do everything that he does, and she's eating a LOT more solid food these days. Looking good for going to daycare in that area. Not that Mommy is looking forward to that. She's really not. Jade's new favourite food is nectarines.

I tried to load some pictures, but it's not letting me tonight. Sorry. Maybe tomorrow. Take care all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home