Friday, August 04, 2006

Rambling blog gone

And replaced with a more upbeat rambling blog.

Jade climbs stairs, hardwood or carpet. I forgot as she was learning how to get off the couch that teaching Quentin how to go DOWN stairs was quite easy because I taught him to go off the couch backwards from the beginning. Not sure how quick she'll pick up on how to go down. And before anyone says, no, sliding down on her behind is not a safe and effective way to go down the stairs as we have very slippery, hardwood stairs.

Something unique? She is the only babe we have ever known that actually says "Goo goo." I'm fairly certain she is just trying to say "Good job" as I say that to her fairly often, but it's very cute. I can tell if she's talking to herself or someone else as she tries to mimic the falsetto that people feel the need to use when talking to dogs and babies when talking to people. She also enjoys singing. If we're at church, any time the congregation starts singing, so does she. Or if she's playing the piano at home (which she loves!) Jade is teething again and I do expect her top two front teeth to be peeking through by the end of next week. The one should be out any day now.

Quentin is his wonderful, intelligent, inquisitive, daredevil self. He enjoys visiting the library. He tried to go down a slide today (very small one, thankfully) while wearing shoes, and standing. He is enjoying learning bits of sign language and randomly demonstrates them for Jade, even signs that he makes up. This makes interpreting Jade's sign language increasingly difficult.

Okay. Time for sleep. Not so overwhelmed by the world today. Thank you Matt. Thank you Maria. Thank you Jade and Quentin.

Take care all.

2 Comments:

At 8/04/2006 12:52 AM, Blogger The Jaded Bee said...

Hello Cara! Welcome! No apologies on rambling comments...they're the best type! I had one person tell me what Quentin was in French, it's okay that you didn't recognize it. I'm curious about Jade though...it is just a soft 'j' or something different entirely?

I've discovered that blogs are great for staying in touch with people. Random people find you and stay in touch with you that you didn't think you could stay in touch with with much less effort than it was back in the days of writing letters or finding phone numbers.

Self-confidence is knowing that I can do anything I want to do, and do it well. I am very confident.

Self-esteem has to do with worrying about what people think about oneself. Not necessarily sure that people will approve of what I do or like me and what I do.

This means, for example, that I know I can teach very well...but question what others think of my teaching. Or I know I can sew a Halloween costume quite well, but will other people like it enough for it to be worth it...

 
At 8/05/2006 3:04 AM, Blogger The Jaded Bee said...

lol, I said at the beginning of that entry that it was going to go away! The comment that was not added that was not yours was from Matt telling me that I'm welcome on the TOC list at FVCH.

Thanks for the explanation on Jade. "Jod" or to rhyme with the 80's singer Sade to be "jah-day"? That's how I pronounce it when I'm pretending to be all snobby about it.

Self-esteem/self-confidence was also something that was gone over about fifty billion times in my classroom psychology education class. And I think it was a focus in my general teacher training too. I just know that it got explained clearly and repeatedly to me at university. But, yeah, it probably does help that, as my dad once put it...I'm not conceited, I just have a lot of confidence in myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home