Thursday, September 28, 2006

This week's updates

No, the bathroom is not finished. I've got a fair bit of work to, which I'll do on my next day off, then we paint and put in the cabinets. Yay!

Yes, I've actually had work this week! I know, I'm shocked. I even worked on two days in a row. French immersion middle school. Because I know how to teach Socials in French, although it was also English, Math and French. It went well, so that was good as I was a little worried about middle school ages, let alone teaching in French. And yesterday's job was a half day of Science. The teacher was so impressed when he returned mid-class and found everybody working that he said I could be their Science TOC from now on. Woohoo! And, I have a call for tomorrow. Yay!

Jade has a new tooth (5 now), can stand on her own, and walks on her knees. Yesterday, something that parents of little little ones might understand what it means developmentally, she pretended! And thought she was funny. She bit me, something we want to discourage as soon as it starts so she doesn't start biting people at daycare. So I told her not to bite me. So she sat their and pretended to bite me over and over (without putting her mouth on me). It was funny! Of course, I couldn't encourage even that because her brother was watching, and he doesn't always get when other people are pretending.

Quentin is smart and funny and wonderful.

I'm needed. Take care all.

1 Comments:

At 10/01/2006 11:41 PM, Blogger The Jaded Bee said...

I can't believe you found time to make it over here! Oh darn, forgot to answer. I learned french in school. lol Okay, living in Canada I picked up a lot from the bilingual stuff everywhere too. I took up through grade 12, and an extra course in university. The children were wonderful, with the couple of snotbags who felt superior because they were *ahem* 'fluent' and I was not, the exception. Yeah. Really, they were very sweet and not the middle school experience I was expecting. Would I say I can teach in french? If it gets me work. Would I even apply for a permanent position teaching immersion? Not even a consideration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home