Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!






We had 24 visitors this year...our smallest number yet! I know there was a year we had only 28 at the house, but 24 is a new low. We even were giving out handfuls of candy, play-doh (little cans of it), and plastic toys (cheap halloween skeletons, bugs, etc...80 for two dollars).

Both children have head colds, so that wasn't much fun. We went to the mall for a quick 20 minutes of trick-or-treating after getting home from daycare. They only had it from 4 to 5, and we didn't get home until 4:30, but we got a nice little batch anyways. When children aren't allowed more than one piece of candy/chocolate a day, they don't really need to gather too much. Jade stayed home and handed out candy with Mommy while Daddy and Quentin went door-knocking.

The pirate is from a cool little pirate party we went to on Sunday. People from our music class invited us. I even managed to poison Daddy with an eclair. It was important as he was from a different pirate ship than I was.

Hope your candy day was fun!

3 Comments:

At 11/01/2006 9:42 PM, Blogger Thompson said...

Your house decorations look great....the kids too. Glad you guys had fun :o)

 
At 11/01/2006 10:38 PM, Blogger the author said...

Looks like you guys really get into Halloween with the decorations - great job!

The kids costumes were very cute! Kyle was a ghostbuster and Michael was a pumpkin. They had a pretty good time out.

Thank you for the unexpected package. It arrived this morning. I wanted to open all the jams and have a taste testing session... they all sound sooo yummy! The clothes are great - Michael is pretty close to fitting into the jackets - the blue one nearly fits now. - oh darn that reminds me that I left my laundry in the washer - all day... ARG!

Anyways - I guess I better go change my clothes into the dryer - thank you again for all the treats :) I know that I will be sharing them this weekend - it looks like we will have a full house with my mom's side in Quesnel on a bit of a reunion and my dad's side her to see my grandma. They expect her to last a couple more days and my dad's side of the family are taking shifts to be with her until she goes. Very sad times. Your package was definitely a high point in my day and a fun way to disengage from the stresses of life right now. Thank you for being such a good friend. :)

 
At 11/02/2006 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!
We had a good Halloween, pretty cold up here, it snowed the day before, so less kids than expected.
Love you lots
T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home